Niche Productions +

Times thanked
<
DMZ, Gaslamp Killer, Rustie + Way More @ The Metro Jan 5th
http://www.inthemix.com.au/whatson/s...o_Parrish_More

Direct Ticketing Link - http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...?sh=HOLDTIGH13

Hold Tight!

Featuring over two rooms:

Digital Mystikz (DMZ – Mala & Coki), Gaslamp Killer, Rustie, Theo Parrish, Space Dimension Controller,
DJ Nu Mark (Toy Set), T Williams,
Spencer (Nmbrs), Om Unit
+ Simon Caldwell, Kali & wordlife

Saturday 5th January 2013 – The Metro – Sydney

Niche Productions is proud to announce a Bass, House and Future Beats lineup of festival proportions – the perfect way to ring in the new-year.

In the tradition of such sell-out events as Flying Lotus & Martyn in early 2012, Hold Tight will now take over both rooms of The Metro to present a smattering of cutting edge Electronic artists under the one room for one night only.

Niche Productions presents Hold Tight! Featuring DMZ, Gaslamp Killer, Rustie, Theo Parrish, Space Dimension Controller, DJ Nu Mark, T Williams, Spencer (Nmbrs), Om Unit + Simon Caldwell, Kali & wordlife
Sat 5th Jan 2013 - The Metro - Sydney
Tickets: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...?sh=HOLDTIGH13

Tickets on sale now!
Niche Productions +

Times thanked
<
Set times for tomorrow night have landed!

Room 1
9.00 - 10.00 WORDLIFE
10.00 - 11.00 NU MARK
11.00 - 12.00 SPACE DIMENSION CONTROLLER
12.00 - 1.00 GASLAMP KILLER
1.00 - 2.00 RUSTIE
2.00 - 3.00 DMZ

Room 2
8.30 - 10.00 SIMON CALDWELL
10.00 - 11.00 OM UNIT
11.00 - 12.00 SPENCER
12.00 - 1.00 T WILLIAMS
1.00 - 3.00 THEO PARRISH
3.00 - close KALI
m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,490 Times in 784 Posts
SDC sounds interesting, but not that early. From what I have heard of his mixes wouldn't he be more suited to room 2?
Check it ****s.
Soundcloud

LAZE
Niche Productions +

Times thanked
<
Full live set - requires a bit of a bigger set up
m_xt +

3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,490 Times in 784 Posts
Fair enough, solid line up none the less.
Check it ****s.
Soundcloud

LAZE
Bitsmasher +

alldeathmetalallthetime

Times thanked
<
hope there are pants flapping from subwoofer bass wobble tonight, DMZ at OAF was a physical experience... want to feel it again!
larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
<
Yep - that's how it's done ... I have ear plugs in my bag and I want to need them!

Long night ahead to catch Numark at 10 and DMZ at close but looking forward to it!
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
<
^ it's recommended at Metro, gobshite sound.
larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
<
Ssssh! I'm trying to forget where it is
walkdogz +

Times thanked
<
do tickets have to be printed off or is a pdf on the iPhone sweet?

wanna see if I can use this passbook shiz.
andosound +

It's a defence mechanism

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmenyC View Post

^ it's recommended at Metro, gobshite sound.

It actually was pretty good for the Pearson Sound party.
Facebook
SOUNDCLOUD MIXCLOUD
walkdogz +

Times thanked
<
Went to this on a whim and ended up being an absolutely wicked night... no overstatement when I say Space Dimension Controller is the best set I've heard at the Metro and one of the best I've ever heard. Perfect build up and transitions from rave energy to low end bass insanity, all somehow mixed together. Had the crowd going insane at midnight.

Gaslamp was too skank for me so saw T Williams who was a lot of fun and then Rustie played the kind of intelligent brostep you wanna hear. And the sound was on point.
teknik +

...what sort of name is teknik!?

Times thanked
<
That was a brilliant night. Caught Nu-mark, Om Unit, SDC, Gaslamp, Rustie and DMZ. Having 2 trap-styled artists together was a bit much but the good thing was after Rustie left, so did the hipsters, and the dubsteppers united for Mala and Coki. I loved the sets. Loved the bass. Loved how a few tracks towards the end started fucking up the speakers. Fantastic tunes all round. Here comes the recovery process!
Kwzé SoundCloud

diiFX SoundCloud

diiTuning Mastering Lab

Store DJ Dude
walkdogz +

Times thanked
<
How could I forget DJ nu mark, he started off the night so well. Don't think I've ever seen such an innovative display of DJing and music making, it was more like a live set. Highlight was the symbol playing monkey.
andosound +

It's a defence mechanism

Times thanked
<
Mala and Coki - Phwoar! Liked how they played quite a few older tracks too.
SDC and T Williams were heaps good too.
Facebook
SOUNDCLOUD MIXCLOUD
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
<
If I learn anything from this thread it's this 'intelligent brostep'.
larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
<
Much like the idea "good wobble"! Seriously though, I think it indicated that there was at least a bit of sub bass to even out the mid range unfortunate which is the bro signature?

Nu-mark: fucking amazing. Loved it. Highlight for me was the ninja hamster but the whole set was outstanding!

Space Dimension Cotroller: awesome, especially the second half. I was totally unfamiliar with him to be honest so went in blind and it was a great, diverse set so well put together.

Gaslamp: only lasted the begining before abandoning for the other room - i saw him a few years ago after drinking a million beers and enjoyed him - this time round he just struck me as a douche running round stage with an iPad.

McDonalds: gaslamp killer drove us from the venue and at this point we discovered the loose change menu doesn't apply after midnight. There were many a confused drunk person.

Rustie - came back in for the end, it was give of take really. Neither terrible nor amazing.

DMZ - awesome. Not as awesome as last year (or was it the year before? OAF set) but still awesome. Despite being exhausted from ONO on Friday and the DJ Marky pool party earlier in the day I couldn't keep still. New stuff, classics, mala hopping around on crutches (poor bastard) - fucking loved it!

Another awesome niche event!

Last edited by larrisajones: 07-Jan-13 at 07:31am

Reason: It was a ninja hamster not a ninja hater, damn you autocorrect!

JackT +

ugh-ed out

Times thanked
<
Such a great event!
walkdogz +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

If I learn anything from this thread it's this 'intelligent brostep'.

Ha, put it this way, it wasn't the gash gaslamp was serving up but wasn't as refined as your future garage, two step stuff. Rustie started with a good 5 minute beatless track, anybody know what it was?

I want to reiterate SDC's awesomeness. One of the best sets I've ever heard. The guy needs a club show all of his own and to play for many hours.

Funny how this had no hype and they were offering cheap tickets but by the sounds of it absolutely blew away ONO.
larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
<
To be fair though it was a totally different line up which appealed to a totally different crowd ... and the line up was so diverse that you didn't end up with it feeling like just another dubstep gig or just another bass music gig or just another house gig. There was a great vibe in the place actually - i hadn't realised that until thinking about it just then but it was totally dickhead free.

My only real complaint was, as always, the fact the metro bar is both shit and expensive.

I too really want to explore SDC's sound a bit more ... what's his background etc? I really known nothing about him other than the boyfriend made me stay in the main room for his set and i'm now damn glad I did!

Quote:

Originally Posted by andosound

Who needs Gossip Girl when we have the ITM forums

Quote:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

JackT +

ugh-ed out

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkdogz View Post

Ha, put it this way, it wasn't the gash gaslamp was serving up but wasn't as refined as your future garage, two step stuff. Rustie started with a good 5 minute beatless track, anybody know what it was?

I want to reiterate SDC's awesomeness. One of the best sets I've ever heard. The guy needs a club show all of his own and to play for many hours.

Funny how this had no hype and they were offering cheap tickets but by the sounds of it absolutely blew away ONO.

Loved that 'Prince style' (if that's what he was saying on the mic?) track SDC played last. So sweet.
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrisajones View Post

To be fair though it was a totally different line up which appealed to a totally different crowd ... and the line up was so diverse that you didn't end up with it feeling like just another dubstep gig or just another bass music gig or just another house gig. There was a great vibe in the place actually - i hadn't realised that until thinking about it just then but it was totally dickhead free.

My only real complaint was, as always, the fact the metro bar is both shit and expensive.

I too really want to explore SDC's sound a bit more ... what's his background etc? I really known nothing about him other than the boyfriend made me stay in the main room for his set and i'm now damn glad I did!

Glad you got to check him out, he was R&S's new golden child when he dropped. He along with Theo is what I would have liked to have seen, having had the privllege of seeing most other artists play fantastic and more intimate gigs in previous years. Theo I'm always down to see what he may bring. SDC was something I wanted a second opportunity for, as last year, he set himself up to be the set of the year in the first 30 minutes, but then took an unprofessional and immature turn and burned the set to shit, through what started as a cool throwback to the 80's, but turned into a pisstake, where the crowd and fellow DJ's were kindly indicating their frustration and he gave them the proverbial 'music bird' and carried on, emptying the Civic dancefloor.
walkdogz +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackT View Post

Loved that 'Prince style' (if that's what he was saying on the mic?) track SDC played last. So sweet.

I've asked him for a TL on facey but from your interview I'm guessing we'll just have to wait for the new album. Which by the sounds of it should be fucking awesome
walkdogz +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrisajones View Post

Very true, the diversity of the music piqued my interest initially and did bring a better crowd than usual. Should be more parties like that. Was good to escape the heaviness of gaslamp to the sweet vibes in the other room.
andosound +

It's a defence mechanism

Times thanked
<

Quote:

where the crowd and fellow DJ's were kindly indicating their frustration and he gave them the proverbial 'music bird' and carried on, emptying the Civic dancefloor.

So Djs should play what the crowd wants? Isn't that what SHM et al do?
Facebook
SOUNDCLOUD MIXCLOUD
larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
<
Lol

That's a shame to hear re the set last year he's definately matured
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by andosound View Post

So Djs should play what the crowd wants? Isn't that what SHM et al do?

No crowd I know wants to hear Phil Collins b2b Whitney Houston b2b Tanita Tikram unless you're my mother.
Perhaps you could take a leaf out of his book and get booking at your local RSL for Bingo night?
andosound +

It's a defence mechanism

Times thanked
<
At least Phil Collins tunes have better drums than most shit played out these days.
Facebook
SOUNDCLOUD MIXCLOUD
larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
<
Don't be knocking Phil Collins - the flatmate and I get drunk and play big chunks of his back catalogue on a regular basis.
jimmenyC +

Hard wood

Times thanked
<
I'm not knocking Phil, I'm knocking the crappy 80s mix he pulled after what was gonna be the best 30 mins of last year...
larrisajones +

boring. thanks ITM

Times thanked
<
:p
Bitsmasher +

alldeathmetalallthetime

Times thanked
<
NuMark was great, played typical hiphop anthem set with the same tracks you hear all the time... but slammed them together 3x as quick as anyone else. Toy set was great too, well worth watching on YouTube again, should've had a camera+projector for everyone to see it in action.

SDC FTW, love the dialogue breaking up the set... alien prosititutes, lol! As it was all live and original stuff he crafted out an epic set, the crowd was lost when it got in to harder acid territory but he brought it back and ended well.

Gaslamp Skrillex... I don't get the hype. bash an ipad, dance around. bleh. novelty wears off after 15 minutes.

DMZ were fantastic, although I think they averaged one rewind for every 2.5 tracks played.

Excellent night, and it sounded good in there! I noticed when Rustie was playing, it looked like he was told to keep it out of the red a few times - I was watching the gear at FOH and you could hear it go to shit when he bounced off the limiter, but when it was pulled back down it sounded great again...
I'm a DJ, I push the volume up to 10
the lights are dancing in the red, I'm distorting it again

« Previous Thread Next Thread »