The Main Room

The Poker Thread #5 - "Send you back to Russia"

Tools
Marshy +

is releasing a book

Times thanked
<
Thanks man.

I agree, I quite enjoyed playing PLO as it opens up your thinking and hand-reading. HoldEm seems a bit one-dimensional after seeing all the combinations in PLO, but I've resolved to grind as much as I can.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Thanked 1,497 Times in 917 Posts
Yeah, cash PLO can be super high variance, pays to be rolled up...love tournaments, the Pot Limit nature just makes the play so much different to anything NL

No Limit Omaha Hi Lo, now that right there is a fucked up degenerate shovel it in high variance beast, can be so brutal. Get all your chips in with AdAsKd2s lose the high to someone binking 2 pair or a flush you don't cover and lose the low to someone as an Ace or a Duece make up the low cards on the board so you don't qualify...maddening!

Shane Warne Deepstack at Crown soon, $250 mixed NLHE and PLO with a 20K stack and 30min levels...game the fuck on!
Pete Gordon - Deep and Low

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

https://soundcloud.com/random_kiwi/deep-and-low
DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
<
I'm back playing poker too, live and pokerstars. Requested my annual leave for the Main Event next year.

Played the BIG on pokerstars after starting 1.5 hours late with just 12BB's, did pretty well to cruise to a nice cash. And got the chips in good AGAIN!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 33 Tournament, 600/1,200 Blinds 150 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

MP3 (t46,148 )
CO (t61,390)
Button (t60,364)
Hero (SB) (t19,896)
BB (t14,539)
UTG (t25,386)
UTG+1 (t17,927)
MP1 (t45,328 )
MP2 (t42,179)

Hero's M: 6.32

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
UTG raises to t2,400, UTG+1 calls t2,400, 5 folds, Hero raises to t3,600, 1 fold, UTG calls t1,200, UTG+1 calls t1,200

Flop: (t13,350) 7, 2, 3 (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets t3,600, Hero raises to t16,146 (All-In), UTG calls t16,146, UTG+1 calls t10,577 (All-In)

Turn: (t59,819) 10 (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t59,819) 6 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t59,819

Results below:
Hero had J, J (one pair, Jacks).
UTG had J, J (one pair, Jacks).
UTG+1 had 5, A (flush, Ace high).
Outcome: t55,881 returned to UTG+1t984.50 returned to Herot984.50 returned to UTG
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Sorry man, but your played that like a dogs breakfast...UTG raise and UTG + 1 call and you min raise out of the SB? For what purpose? Absolutely no hand is going to fold to that, you're giving them 9:1 odds to call, when you only started the hand with 15BBs...you're bloating the pot while OOP with a hand that gets out flopped (well, as in sees overcards on the flop) 50% of the time.

SHIP...insta-ship all in pre-flop is the only way you should be playing that hand...you chop with the other JJ as the Ace Rag folds...seriously, I know you have some pretty consistent results, but wow, that's a next level poorly played hand man.

Slower tempo but still with balls, deephouse, slow-mo, futurehouse, nudeep, indie, nudisco, hints of progressive, whatever the fuck you want to call it, just good shit! Get on it

Slapppa +

Times thanked
<
lol..just shove pre with your stack and given the hand as played...a raise and a flat before you makes it look like a sweet squeeze spot so getting called by A9o will happen a lot. With your 3 bet size I can comfortable and profitably flat 89 suited lol
Powered by Xponent from M-Audio
Fuelled by MacBook Pro
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
^Exactly...you could have been messing around with 72os and you're still going to call that min 3 bet as 9:1 odds is good enough for any 2 cards to call...the shove might get called by a lone A9 style hand sometimes, looking like a squeeze, which is awesome...but this hand, UTG would call, UTG+1 would (read: should) fold...then again, he only started the hand with 15bbs and he's flatting a raise from UTG with A5ss, guys pretty fishie, he probably would have called anyway

DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
<
Just ship 17BBs? The only hand calling there is AA, KK or QQ. Why risk a 90% chance of losing 17BBs for the chance to win 4...

I'm not looking to take down the little raises. JJ this late in the tournament is the prefect spot to double/triple up, my raise gave them the opportunity to 4 bet and meant that any bet on the flop would commit their whole stacks, played it perfect just got unlucky.
DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
<
There is no value in betting when the only hand that will call you is the hand that will beat you.

88, 99, TT, AK are all four betting in that spot

QQ+ are the only hands that will call a 17BB shove.
DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Kiwi View Post

you're bloating the pot while OOP with a hand that gets out flopped (well, as in sees overcards on the flop) 50% of the time.

Dude, its the 4th highest starting hand, how many times have you ever heard someone say AA or KK is bloating the pot, mate JJ this late is like gold, I'll do whatever it takes to get the chips in the middle.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ DUKE DOOM View Post

Just ship 17BBs? The only hand calling there is AA, KK or QQ. Why risk a 90% chance of losing 17BBs for the chance to win 4...

4? Can you not add? SM, BB, antes, min raise + call...there's almost 8K in the middle...give or take, that's HALF your starting stack, that's a 50% addiditon to your stack if you shove and take it down. That right there is gold, regardless of doubling up.

Quote:

mate JJ this late is like gold, I'll do whatever it takes to get the chips in the middle.

Ummmm, exactly, so why are you not getting your chips in the middle?!?

Quote:

JJ this late in the tournament is the prefect spot to double/triple up

Again, this is why you get your chips in the middle when you have the best hand...15-20BB 3bet shove is stock standard these days (shit, 15-20BB open shoves are pretty standard), it gets called by loads of things you have crushed or at least slight fav in a flip, AK, AQ, AJss, Tens, 9s, 8s...shit, a lot of people will think you're squeezing and call even lighter...a lot of people (especially if they have a stack) will put you on AK or AQ and call with 55-88 hoping for a flip knock out.

Quote:

played it perfect just got unlucky.

No, not even close...you played this hand like a clueless donk...sorry bro, I like you and your presence around here, but you're so far wrong on how you played this hand it's not funny.

Best option - Ship it
Second option - flat call/ship any non Q K A flop (c/r was also awful, you've given a flush draw the exact equity he needs to call you due to your awful min raise and the fact he already put another 3bbs in there)
Third option - soul read opponent as having QQ+ and fold

Min raise is not even an option, period. Post hand on 2+2 forums hand advice section and see how far you get if you don't believe me

You have 17BBs, that's short stacked, you have JJ with a min raise and a call in front...rub your fucking hands with glee and ship that shit in there...if they do have AA/KK/QQ, sigh, it's a cooler, move on to the next game...80% of the time they're not going to have those hands and you win...remember, any pair is a 1:225 chance of coming up, the odds of you having JJ while they have QQ-AA is super slim...yes, it happens, we've all run QQ into KK, or KK into AA, but you gotta play the hand as the best possible play at the time, not being scared of the boogeymen in the closet.

Quote:

88, 99, TT, AK are all four betting in that spot

And so what exactly was your plan if someone did 4 bet you? If 88 - TT and AK are four betting, you're calling right? Well QQ-AA are four betting, too...are you some how soul reading that his four bet is the 88-TT + AK range and not the QQ-AA range and call, or vice versa and fold? You're calling a four bet regardless, right? So just be the one to get the chips in first, put your opponent on the decision, get the weak Ace out of the hand, induce a call by the 88-TT and win a big pot.

Seriously, shipping is so much the best thing to do in that spot there's mountains of daylight between it and the next option (flatting...min raising doesn't even come into the picture)

Last edited by Random_Kiwi: 05-Nov-13 at 01:38pm

fatman1234 +

Times thanked
<
Haven't been around here much lately. I was amazed at the fold here?

Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $6.00 BB (2 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

BB ($600)
Hero (SB) ($1,112)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10, 7
Hero raises $15, BB raises $54, Hero calls $42

Flop: ($120) 5, 10, K (2 players)
BB bets $71.70, Hero calls $71.70

Turn: ($263.40) 3 (2 players)
BB bets $135, Hero raises $366, BB calls $231

River: ($995.40) K (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $614.30 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $995.40

Results below:
Hero had 10, 7 (two pair, Kings and tens).
Outcome: Hero won $1,609.20
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Sick hand/move man...that's ballsy

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Fucking MTTs Hold 'Em can suck my fuck...132nd of 6558 in the $4.40 $15K GTD...play the whole fucking game getting average cards, just picking good spots, flipping well, pocket 8's best hand all game...finally pick up QQ...Ace flop and guy from the SB check raises me...two hands later, AA, raise folds, no action...2 hands later, KK, 3 bet this fish who 4 bet shoves 60 fucking blinds at me with 88...complete with a small stack tossing in his 10, snap him off...8 on the fucking flop, obviously...110BB pot right as things start getting serious...argh, come on!!!!!!! Never got it all in with anything less than a flop whole game, 7:1 odds to take a huge stack and run deep...noooooooooope, not on Stars's watch

$20 for 5 hours play...yay!!!!!!!

Made the top 200 in this tournament soooooooooo many times...every damn time I get my money in good for big pots and get the short end of the stick...so help me God, I will fucking make this final table of this tournament one fucking day!

12th of 300+ in a Omaha hi lo yesterday, 60c re-buy satellite into a $27 Omaha hi lo with only top 2 spots got through (took the TDs as didn't have the time to play the game), shipped a triple stud game, final table a small PLO game, 110 runners...can't for the life of me have the cards hold up and get me to the late spots in a hold 'em game...supposed to be less variance in that than PLO, but not in my experience

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Anyone still playing...at all?

Had a couple of good 1/2 chops in PLO tournaments recently and final tabled the $27 Omania Hi Lo (after satelliting in for like $2.50 or so from a 66c re-buy) but only managed 5th for $350.

How's the final table of the $250K Aussie Millions game???

Seat 1: Phil Ivey - 995,000
Seat 2: Mike McDonald - 1,413,000
Seat 3: Tony Bloom - 591,000
Seat 4: Isaac Haxton - 3,594,000
Seat 5: Erik Seidel - 1,229,000
Seat 6: Daniel Negreanu - 1,054,000
Seat 7: Max Altergott - 345,000
Seat 8: Tom Dwan - 1,296,000
Seat 9: Fabian Quoss - 981,000

Unofficial FT, main action is 8 handed...good luck to Max Altergott, whomever he is, what a freaking insane table!

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Bloom KO'ed to give official final table.

Seat 1: Phil Ivey - 976,000
Seat 2: Mike McDonald - 1,379,000
Seat 3: Isaac Haxton - 4,256,000...
Seat 4: Erik Seidel - 1,225,000
Seat 5: Daniel Negreanu - 1,055,000
Seat 6: Max Altergott - 341,000
Seat 7: Tom Dwan - 1,292,000
Seat 8: Fabian Quoss - 976,000

15K / 30K + 4K ante

Payouts:

1st: $4,000,000
2nd: $2,820,000
3rd: $1,900,000
4th: $1,250,000
5th: $800,000
6th: $500,000

Max Altergott got some serious holding on/chipping up to do!

DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
<
I've booked a suite at the Palms for the Main Event in July, gonna give it a single shot at the $550 super satellite again and then play $100-$125 tournies until I get bored or run out of money. Aria, Wynn and Venetian all have decent 7pm events every night.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

gonna give it a single shot at the $550 super satellite

That's some sliiiiiiim odds...1 in 20 get through...good luck!

DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
<
If i can make it through the satellite then i deserve a spot. Gave it a decent go last time.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
^ hear that! Should try the $1K side events (or satellites for that matter as you're only 1 in 10 to get through then) and if you bink one, just ball up and buy in...how cool would that feel?!?

DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
<
or I could play 2x in the $550. I prefer the MTT, haven't played a single table sit n go in ages. The prizes for all the side events are tournament buy in chips. A bloke wanted to swap me for some in 2012, told him I just got off the plane and I wasn't gonna trust anyone with my cash even he was totally legit.

Last time I lined up for the Mega, waited 45 minutes got all the way to the front then realised I forgot my players card, luckily they let me cut-in after I went and got it.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

I prefer the MTT, haven't played a single table sit n go in ages. The prizes for all the side events are tournament buy in chips.

There's MTT $1K satellites, surely? Steps/Phase tournaments etc?

And RE: "The prizes for all the side events are tournament buy in chips"...ummm, no their not? You mean to say when Jackie Glazier came second for $250K+, it was in "tournament buy in chips"

No, just no...they're cash events...what the hell is anyone going to do with $500K+ for first in tournament buy in chips? "Yay, I've got Main Event entry for the next 50 years" no one would even play those events if that was the case

DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
<
Dur, wsop bracelet events get cash, i meant side events as in satellites
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Satellites = Satellites
Side Events = Side Events (of the WSOP)

Dur yourself, man

Would totally play a braclet side event over 2 x satellites...just bink a final table pay and buy in...those tournaments will be way way better structures than any satellite (plus the odds of surviving the mine field that is the ME are so slim)

DJ DUKE DOOM +

Times thanked
<
So you saying the PLO $5K champion bracelet holder is only a side event winner, not world champion of PLO $5K?
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
What? No...every event other than the MAIN event at ANY poker tournament series is a side event...there's 3 WSOP's now...what makes them world champ over the person who won/wins that event in Europe?

Main Event is the main event...all other tournaments are side events...

fatman1234 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Unofficial FT, main action is 8 handed...good luck to Max Altergott, whomever he is, what a freaking insane table!

AltiFC on Stars, high/nosebleed stakes player from Germany. I think i've played him once or twice a while ago.

Timex was in for 3 bullets, ike was in for 2 and 6 in the 100k. Ike bought in for total of something like 1.1 or 1.2m in melb.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Hahahaha...ouch!

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
You know, as much as on one hand I really enjoy Omaha, on the other, it drives me more batshit crazy than Hold ‘Em!
Flop top set…Turn completes flush
Flop straight/flush…Turn pairs board

Every. Fucking. Time.

phelon +

Times thanked
<
Fatman, still grinding those FPP tournies?
ITM EPL Predictions Champion 2012/13, 2013/14
fatman1234 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by phelon View Post

Fatman, still grinding those FPP tournies?

Yep

Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $50.00 BB (2 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

BB ($9,064.77)
Hero (SB) ($4,978.18 )

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, J
Hero raises $125, BB raises $400, Hero calls $300

Flop: ($900) 5, 10, 9 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $700, BB calls $700

Turn: ($2,300) 8 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $1,950, 1 fold

Total pot: $2,300

Results below:
Hero had Q, J.
Outcome: Hero won $4,249.50
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Why play FFP tournies if you're rolled up to be playing $25/$50 cash games?

fatman1234 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Why play FFP tournies if you're rolled up to be playing $25/$50 cash games?

I'm not rolled to play 25/50 and never have been, but I have played probably 1-2k hands there over last 3 years. Shot taking?

Sarcasm kiwi, pretty sure I haven't played one in the last year or 2(but could have used some in a step or something). I've barely played any tourneys over last 2 or 3 years.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
So who's hand histories do you post, like the one you just posted, and why if they're not yours?

fatman1234 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

So who's hand histories do you post, like the one you just posted, and why if they're not yours?

That is a hand I played a few months ago against Lottenice.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
So you're not rolled up, yet you were playing a FIVE FUCKING K stack heads up cash?!?! I'm confused

Can't catch a break this past week...roll has gone from $800 down to $400...if I manage to cash anything, it's min cash/super low levels...3 times this morning I've ended up all in with the better end of set over set and lost the hand...runner runner flush, runner runner straight, rivered quads...come on!

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
4 bet all in shove PLO Hi Lo with AcAs5cJs...fish snaps it off with TT42, 2 clubs, 2 OS...flop A 5 3

Pick up the flush draw on the Turn, plus the boat outs, nope, nada, nothing, whiff...TT24 snap call a 4 bet shove for 75% of your stack...fucking joke...$22 tournament, too, so hardly low stacks fish plays expected kinda game...OVER IT!!!!

fatman1234 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

So you're not rolled up, yet you were playing a FIVE FUCKING K stack heads up cash?!?! I'm confused

Well i've never had a 200k roll
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
What did you have then, at the peak? That's a lot of moolah to take to a table

phelon +

Times thanked
<
Hu4rollz?
ITM EPL Predictions Champion 2012/13, 2013/14
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

fatman1234 +

Times thanked
<

Quote:

What did you have then, at the peak? That's a lot of moolah to take to a table

Back before black friday I had enough to drop 10k(2 bullets) to Jungleman and then come back with a ~6800 profit vs him.

The most i've ever lost in a session was 16.5k in about an hour at 5knl.
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Jesus, did you throw up?

MOTHER FUCKER!!! Money goes all in on Turn...nice call, donkey...it's tournament chips btw, not cash, just the way Stars's hand history on your phone shows it...blinds at 100/200...10810 chips, just a 54 BB pot losing with quads, no biggie

fatman1234 +

Times thanked
<
If I recall correctly lost ~13k pot with AJ vs 44 aipf, flop AJx 3 hearts, river heart, 4h played, to finish the session.
Was almost the previous weeks worth of winnings from 600-1knl.

LolOmaha
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Bummer...that's pretty gross!

Well this is interesting! Currenlty 8 / 12 remaining in $22 PLO hi lo (in the money) and ship leader of 50 remaining in $27 No Limit Omaha hi lo (top 36 paying)...here's to some hands holding up and deep run, especially at the no limit one, $1300 up top for that

lawlietskyy +

its showtime ! *Arnold Voice*.

Times thanked
<
I never knew there were so many poker players on ITM WTF
Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Jezz, talk about final table run-bad...the $22 PLO, out in 8th (7th in this yeserday) AA24...hit a 3 5 9 flop with a flush draw...all in one a 9 Turn...9 on River...villian has the 9, naturally Whopping great big 3xBI return on that bad boy, $63 haha

Though I've chip up to 70K in tehe $27 no limit game...chip leader still and in the money...here's hoping for some better luck in this one!!!

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawlietskyy View Post

I never knew there were so many poker players on ITM WTF

There's not, really...lots that USED to play, not many that currently still play

Random_Kiwi +

So far out it's in

Times thanked
<
Jesus fucking Christ man, out in 24th in that to 4% in the money stat holding fucking drooler...standard issue opening raise from me with AA4J double suited...he snap shoves his donk lucked 50BB stack at me with A285 fucking rainbow...yeah, shove your hole stack in in an effort to perhaps win half the pot...40+% of the time there won't even BE A LOW you idiot...flop comes down 4 4 9 to basically lock it up for me...runs out repeating 5's to give him the win!!!!!! Die in a fucking fire.

$55...yay...whoop de fucking shit...so fucking ridiculous!

Fucking no limit Omaha, tiltingest mother fucking game there is...any donkey just ships A2XX bullshit all the fucking time, they don't have a fucking clue

Last edited by Random_Kiwi: 07-Mar-14 at 01:02pm

fatman1234 +

Times thanked
<
Can't comment on omaha, i'm pretty sure i've never played a real money hand of it. If I have i've sat in for 1 bullet at like 25nl years ago.
I've played more badugi and 5 card draw than omaha.

I'll go find my most horrible hand of last few months.
fatman1234 +

Times thanked
<
Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (2 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

SB ($2,709.25)
Hero (BB) ($2,286.44)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 8
SB raises $36, Hero calls $26

Flop: ($92) Q, 4, J (2 players)
Hero bets $60, SB raises $208.05, Hero calls $148.05

Turn: ($508.10) 10 (2 players)
Hero bets $380, SB raises $2,455.20 (All-In), Hero calls $1,652.39 (All-In)

River: ($4,572.88 ) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $4,572.88

Results below:
SB had J, Q (full house, Queens over Jacks).
Hero had 9, 8 (straight, Queen high).
Outcome: SB won $4,995.19

This one just really pissed me off.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »